These rankings are done BCS style with each player ranked according to the following three categories. Their points for each ranking (which will vary week to week depending on how many contestants there are, eg. with ten people remaining the person ranked first will get ten points, the person ranked tenth will get one) will be added up in a final tally similar to that of the old NCAA BCS rankings (yes I know that was terrible, but it’s fun here).
The three categories:
Position in the Game: This calculates what their position currently seems to be, are they in the middle of an alliance or are they on the outside?
Capability: This is the most subjective of the three, but is based in who I feel has the best skills as a Survivor player. Some of these people may be in a bad position, but with their skills can find a way out of it.
Edit: Survivor is a highly edited show where footage is selected in order to create episodic and full season storylines. The way a person is edited can help to predict how well they will do in the game. If a player is in a very bad position, but is getting a good edit, it is conceivable they will find a way out of it at some point.
Last week #2 in the rankings Josh, went home.
10. Alec (last week: 11th) (Position: 8th, Capabilities: 10th, Edit: 10th Total: 5 points)
Alec had a week that made him look even worse than the week’s prior, plus his alliance lost the numbers.
9. Wes (last week: 9th) (Position: 9th, Capabilities: 8th, Edit: 9th Total: 7 points)
Wes is not that good at Survivor, what do you know. He’s a goner.
8. Reed (last week: 10th) (Position: 10th, Capabilities: 4th, Edit: 8th Total: 11 points)
Reed is in the worst spot right now and has no chance of winning, but I see him as one of the most capable players this season, speaks more to the talent this season than to Reed.
7. Keith (last week: 7th) (Position: 7th, Capabilities: 9th, Edit: 6rd Total: 11 points)
Keith’s good edit took a turn this week and now his chances fall to the 1% range. Even his idol looks to be flushed this week.
6. Baylor (last week: 8th) (Position: 3rd, Capabilities: 7th, Edit: 7th Total: 16 points)
Baylor has got to be the third place finisher, she has the big edit but one that shows that nobody really likes her.
5. Jaclyn (last week: 6th) (Position: 5th, Capabilities: 5th, Edit: 5th Total: 18 points)
If only Jaclyn had been shown in the first few episodes, she might be an actual contender, instead we know that she can’t win. She also seems like a capable player and her role in the game will likely be important (as she told us it was), but I don’t see her going anywhere.
4. Jon (last week: 3rd) (Position: 6th, Capabilities: 6th, Edit: 2nd Total: 19 points)
I think we’ve seen too much dumb Jon for him to win and he will be a huge threat in a couple weeks (perhaps even more than Jeremy), but we’ve got a consistent longterm edit from him throughout and for San Juan del Sur that’s probably all you’re going to need.
3. Missy (last week: 4th) (Position: 2nd, Capabilities: 3rd, Edit: 3rd Total: 25 points)
I don’t think she is going to win, but she hasn’t done anything to eliminate herself completely and is in a pretty good spot with a lot of influence so she remains a top contender.
2. Natalie (last week: 5th) (Position: 1st, Capabilities: 2nd, Edit: 4th Total: 26 points)
Maybe Natalie is the Denise of this season with Jeremy as the Malcolm. Could she vote him out at final four and go into an easy finals against Baylor and Jaclyn? Denise also disappeared for a bit in the post-merge… I’m not sure about this theory, but if Natalie doesn’t get more soon, I don’t know if she will be the one.
1. Jeremy (last week: 1st) (Position: 4th, Capabilities: 1st, Edit: 1st Total: 27 points)
He is the obvious frontrunner and he seems to have enough room to maneuver himself to the finals with a loyal ally (Natalie) and two pairs who should probably go after one another (Jon/Jaclyn and Missy/Baylor). He can likely beat them all in the end too. Unless someone else pops up soon I just don’t see him losing (though let’s be real someone else will probably win and make this season even more terrible. Let’s rank the contestants in order of redeeming this season with a win 10. Alec 9. Wes 8. Baylor 7. Missy 6. Jon 5. Reed 4. Jaclyn 3. Natalie 2. Jeremy 1. Keith)